20060720

Hamstrous Will

I stayed up late last night and let the hamsters loose in my playpen, and after a while of watching them around the wires, came to the conclusion they’re not wire biters. But Sandy found the door and tried to squeeze under it. She was way too fat but I got nervous so I pulled her away. OMG!! She held onto the carpet with just her front claws, those itty bitty little things! It was like in the cartoons when you see the Master trying to pull the Cat out of a doorway! Worse than velcro!! “No, no, no, no, no! I wanna go out there!!” I’m like, “Noooo, you don’t, there’s a cat downstairs!! Stay!!” “No!! Let me go!! Let me GO!!” She’s so wriggly that I had to really get a grip on her whole body to get her away from there. Then I put her back in the cage where she ran around like a caged animal (hey, imagine that), going, “Lemme outta here!!” If she had a tin cup she’d probably have banged it against the bars…

I let her out again a few minutes later when she quieted down, and she ran around for a moment only to look at the door – and run right toward it again. I’d put a pair of my pants against the crack to disuade her, but it only infuriated her. Dig, dig, dig, the next thing I knew the whole thing had been pulled away. No holes, thankfully, but then she started digging at the carpet in an attempt to go under again. More tantrums, back in the cage.

Five minutes later, she realized she needed to behave. So they were both out for a while after that. But then she got it right back in her head again, so I put both of them in for the night. By then it was about 3am and I was tired anyway, worried I’d forget them.

Egads, critters are so amusing… and I knew Sandy had a strong will but I had NO idea JUST how strong until last night!! LOL!!

~nv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home