20060710

Musical Abilities

Okay, so here I go again. I'm in the singing mood.

This started because I got to hear a demo version of Man In Me by Joseph Williams. Yes, he was one of the song's writers, and yes, Peter Cetera sang it on his own album, "World Falling Down." But this version is actually Joseph Williams!! :)

He's pretty good, and for some reason I wanted to sing along. Then I got into a conversation with a friend about music stuff. I was telling her how my mom and I were discussing how she thinks I can do anything and it "makes her sick." I had tried to tell her that music is still not my forté and that the only reason I do so many things well and she doesn't is because I'm driven enough to force the issue if it's not easy up front for me.

While in the midst of saying this to my friend, she informed me that she thinks I /am/ good at music. I continued to disagree, saying my only musical talents are arranging - and that comes only in spurts. My singing, on the other hand, no matter what I do, is very touchy and I'm simply not talented whatsoever. Then she sent me this link.

http://www.chicagomusicfans.com/audio/sotw/ifshewouldhavebeenfaithfullive.mp3

Now, I don't know if this will still be available for you to listen to now or not, but it's a live version of If She Would Have Been Faithful by Chicago. Jason Scheff and Bill Champlin are singing in it.

My poor earballs. The album version of this is pretty darned good, but for Chicago to be performing this live with this horrible quality made me look like an angel when it comes to singing.

I will never again tell myself I've failed to learn how to sing! Thanks to my good friend for setting me straight... lol

~nv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home