20060704

Cars (again, this time all Toyota)

Yes, again. I can't help it. I got my license, got a truck, and I've been obsessing over vehicles ever since. To make matters worse, I now have even more options in my future, because I learned how to drive a manual transmission over the weekend. Not exactly /easy/ mind you, but certainly not difficult to the point where I'm terrified of buying my own manual transmission some day down the road (no pun intended, haha).

Anyway, today's cars:
Toyota Camry SE (titanium silver or whatever it's called)
Toyota Matrix XR or XRS (silver streak mica!)
Toyota Yaris Liftback (I like the design, the options are lacking, but for $10,000 what can you ask for?)

Currently the Camry SE is on my high favourites list, but I was planning to spend LESS than $25,000 for my next vehicle, so it's kind of a fallback in case nothing else comes around by the time I DO get another vehicle. Assuming it's still around itself. Another problem for me, however, is that given the fact I get so attached to nice cars, I shouldn't ever EVER get a camry because I'll want to keep it forever (like my truck). I realllllly don't want to end up with three vehicles and prove once again that Mom is right about me having to have three of everything. Besides, can you /imagine/ the cost of maintaining so many vehicles?? Two will be bad enough!! I could easily have my own car dealership if I bought everything I wanted... LOL

Now, I realize all these are Toyotas, but trust me, I've been looking at other brands, too. It's just that I happened to see a Camry SE on the road the other day (though I swear it was an XLE with a rear spoiler) and I said, "Whoa... wha's thaaaaaaaaat??" When I saw it was a sporty version of the Camry, of course I fell in love with it immediately. The Camry is just such a beautiful, sweet car. My instructor taught me in one and I will never forget it. I kind of have a four-tier desire for vehicles: Tacoma because it's got everything I'd ever want for storage options and it drives like a car; Camry because it's such a pleasure to drive and even looks nice; smaller, sportier, gadget-oriented cars that can zip in and out of traffic; and then the SUV type, simply because, well, they're like a truck without the tonneau cover, and most offer gadets up the ying yang.

The downside to most of my desires is gas guzzling, which is yet another reason I want a small car, not to mention cost. My truck certainly gets me to where I want to go (except in tight parallel parking spots, because I'm too afraid to keep trying). It's served me well over the last year+, helped me move myself and others at least four times, is handy for throwing "dirty" stuff into the back and not ruining the interior, and offers just a foot shy of enough space inside for all my carry-around-emergency stuff. If I got a cap or something to keep the back somewhat protected, that space of course would be increased VERY much. I want a cap but I'm told it reduces visibility and is a bad idea. I suppose I could live with a tonneau cover, especially if it was easily removable. (The idea is to have a /taller/ back as well as more enclosed space, but if cover is removable, can get taller space again.)

Yeah, I think that before I shop for a new car, I'll get some sort of cover. Maybe once I have that, I won't even want another vehicle. Then again, now I want to drive a standard. But that phase may pass if I get to drive Aflac's car every now and then for practice.

I'm so glad I'm so in debt. This is the sort of thing I might plunge into without thought... LOL

~nv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home