20040428

do NOT sleep on your head. trust me.

Last night was fun. I played Diablo II: Lord Of Destruction from around 9pm to 11pm. The plan was to play until midnight, but my body had other ideas.

Shortly before 11pm or so, my eyes noticed the time and thought, "Yay, made it this far! Let's keep going!" The next thing I recall them seeing was "11:38 PM" and my ears were hearing a friend's voice: "Are you still there?" My mind picked up on this and was like, "Whaa?" Then I realized a few things had happened that I couldn't recall happening:

1. My game was no longer on the screen. It was shut down.
2. Notepad was open instead, pre-saved with the title "auto040428.txt."
3. There were odd sentences in that pre-saved mini-document.
4. My microphone was not working - I was unable to respond to my friend's voice on TeamSpeak.
5. Upon further investigation, it turned out the microphone issue was due to being MUTED in my audio settings, and the wrong microphone was selected in the recording settings. Two places that would affect TeamSpeak and prevent my speech from being picked up and sent to my friend's headset.

I was also freezing to the point that my teeth were ready to chatter. My body temperature had obviously dropped.

Explaining all this to my friend, he thought it was quite funny of course, and we agreed it WAS time for bed anyway. In closing he told me I oughta try some more automatic typing, so I thought, hey, yeah, why not? I closed out of my IM and TeamSpeak clients, grabbed a blanket, wrapped myself up in it, pulled my seated self as close to my desk corner as possible (I sit in the crook of two tables), and rested my hands on the keyboard. Then I let myself fall asleep, in hopes of capturing my dreams on my keyboard like I think I've done before.

Ha. So I hoped. THIS time, I woke up at 8am to excruciating pain all throughout the left side of my neck. It was so bad it radiated down my left arm. Which, incidentally, I noticed was not on my desk. It was hanging limply down by my side, seemingly caught by some kind of material. My eyes opened and couldn't quite figure out what they were looking at. Then I realized that my body was arched forward somehow. Ah, I thought, must be I conked out at my desk as planned and my forehead is on it. Yet, it didn't feel hard or smooth enough to be my desk, or even my keyboard! It felt as if I were touching more material.

I went to move and was restrained by what I recognized as my blanket, followed by another bout of excruciating pain down the left side of my body. My mind became more and more alert with each protest. Finally I had a better picture of where I was: My couch. Somehow, at some point during the night, I'd moved myself over to the couch and conked out there. Not sure how I did that, but I obviously had.

The strangest part was my position on the couch. The blanket somehow became wrapped around my body enough to be cumbersome, yet my arms were still loose - in fact, too loose. Their dangling nature became obvious to me as I realized I'd fallen asleep in an arched position, in effect sleeping only on my head and knees.

Weird, huh? I've been known to sleep in odd places and positions, but this one takes the cake. And now I've got the stiffest neck I have ever had in my entire life! And, nothing on Notepad. Drat. I'd /really/ like to know what I was dreaming about LAST night!

Anyway, I've learned one very important thing from all this: Do NOT sleep on your head! You'll get a stiff neck if you do!

Incidentally, this is what I /did/ write in Notepad:

sleepy
so sleepy i can hardly take it anymore
bout to fall asleep
fingers moving not really hinking just listening to them talk
to each other in team speak
very cool
getting dizzy
whoa, hi
tired eyes
so old so modern
five to twelve
dice on a table
1058pm

1106pm

1131pm
so tired
my fingers will simply do the walking for a while
ca't hthink too crazy
red tint man
wrapped up in my clloak
made of woo and sand
like the weather and the wine
i love him yet he won't love me back
insensitive or no I ton't thinkk so
warmth
drool

Don'tcha wonder what goes through my mind? LOL

~nvnohi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home