20040401

breakfast in cyberspace

Listening to DI.fm again and a cool song called "Star Track 4.3.2.1" is playing by Hypnotics. While enjoying the tune, I'm also eating breakfast. You know what? I finally found a use for that bake-it-yourself-bread from Schwan's. I don't have a bread pan so I've been making it in a square glass dish, which as you cooks out there might imagine, creates an odd loaf of bread! Needless to say, it's usually quite hard on the outside and by the time a couple days go by, you need to take a hacksaw to it.

Well, in comes imagination. I actually /like/ crunchy stuff. However, I dislike getting airborne crumbs in my favourite keyboard as I eat, so I decided to crunch it into manageable bites ahead of time and have them with breakfast. Not bad that way, especially since I'd smothered it with butter before baking so it's very tasty. Anyway, this morning's breakfast:

* some of my world-infamous Gwaqmu (Grits, cream-of-Wheat, Amarynth, Quinoa, and corn MUsh mixture)
* pancake syrup in the Gwaqmu
* bacon
* strawberries
* crunchy buttery bread
* water
* Earl Grey tea

Cool, huh? The fun thing to do is scoop out the Gwaqmu with the bacon and bread, and dumping the strawberries into the warm Gwaqmu makes them warmer as well, so they don't hurt my teeth with cold. Awesome.

How things come full circle. I remember as a kid dipping toast into my Cream-of-Wheat and eating it with butter and syrup all over it. Now I'm 27 and the only thing that's changed is the materials I do the dip-and-eat thing with. Still Cream-of-Wheat and dry bread, but now I've added stuff to the Cream-of-Wheat and changed the kind of bread I use. Plus I've added strawberries, bacon and Earl Grey in place of stomach-hating milk.

I think I'm coming down with something. I woke up last night with an odd hack in my upper chest, and now I've still got that now and then plus a tired feeling in my shoulders and back. Damn. It's spreading. I can feel the little germs moving around in there. So long as they don't annoy my throat or stomach, though, I suppose I don't mind that much... just when I was getting back into singing, too. I bet it was the ice cream I had yesterday morning. Stupid ice cream. Why must it taste so good?! Oh well, back to breakfast...

Oh! Anyone else out there happen to catch www.fark.com this morning? Either someone hacked into the site or they defaced it themselves as an April Fool's joke. Regardless, it was definitely related to 4/1. I wrote more about this in this month's edition of Mind Your Pixels.

Tired and geeky,

~nvnohi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home