20040320

beef, rice, and potatoes, OH MY!!

I just had a surprisingly great amount of success with dinner today!! I tried something highly unusual for me - putting raw beef, canned chicken broth, dry rice, dry quinoa, dry amaranth, and raw potatoes in a glass dish, adding spices, and baking for about 45 minutes. It's VERY good. The broth infiltrated the rice, quinoa and amaranth, which absorbed some of the broth and cooked... I'd placed the meat fat-side up and what didn't melt into the broth fried itself into the spices (caraway, coriander, dried cilantro, southwestern mix, a touch of sage)!! It's DELISH!! I suppose this might be considered a bisque or something. It reminds me of this lobster bisque that a puerto rican lady made once, only without the lobster (thus much much better). A bit more soupy perhaps, but wow, the flavours are so good...

Oh! I forgot the sweet potatoes!!! MUST have those!! ::trots off to find can of sp's::

AH HA!! YUM!! And I found some iced tea!! WHOO HOO!! Time for din din!! ::does happy din din dance::

~nvnohi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home