20040324

Juno rules, yet the PCI cards are trying to escape!!

Juno finally released local access numbers in my area again!! YAY!! Now if my DSL ever goes out I'll still have dial up to check email with, etc, and no long-distance charges.

It's a good thing I do check each time they mention that they've added new numbers all over the nation, because when I went to install my modem I realized that windows wasn't banging it... which first made me think I must have taken it out or something. So I looked. Sure enough, the modem's ports showed. /That/ got me nervous, so I opened the case and lo and behold, the same thing happened to the modem that had happened to the NIC - the card had worked its way out of the PCI slot.

However, 's all good this time. Pushed it back in and it still worketh. I can only wonder if that's because it's been working its way out while /not/ being used, unlike the NIC, which was actually /half-way/ out of it's slot by the time the intermittent problems became an issue. Perhaps non-active-use and not-quite-being-THAT-far-out of its slot saved this one. Kewlness.

Checked the soundcard while I was at it, and sure enough, that puppy was trying to millimeter its way out, too. Pushed that back in as well. MY PCI CARDS ARE TRYING TO ESCAPE!! What, not happy with Juno ruling the email around here or something? Zheezh... and to think even the soundcard sides with them!

Stranger than usual today (eating barley, quinoa, and amaranth with thyme-seasoned-oil for one thing),

~nvnohi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home