20040308

Blueberry Pie

MY FIRST PIE!!

I had a hankering for pie this morning, so I decided to drag out the Pillsbury Pie Crusts that I'd bought about a month ago. Cherry Pie filling happened to grace my cupboards, but I wasn't sure I was in the mood for that. Then I was cleaning out my freezer thinking about it and noticed the bag of frozen blueberries in there. WHOO HOO!! THAT was what I wanted!! (Freezer now only slightly cleaned out.)

So I scout out a blueberry recipe. I found one from from Absolute Recipes. I've yet to try it since it's currently baking in the oven. Then I'll have to wait about two hours before I can devour. haha! I'm a poet and I didn't know it! (No wait, actually, I did know it...)

Anyway, the recipe was easy enough, except for the crust part. Yes, I know I said I used the pre-made crusts... /making/ the crust certainly wasn't difficult. The difficult part was figuring out how the heck one is supposed to get it even in the pan. Keep in mind this is my *first* pie, so please pretend not to notice how one side has this long overhanging piece of crust and the other side is rather short. Keep in mind also that I had to use a nine-inch /cake/ pan since I didn't have a glass /pie/ plate. Ugh. Well, this is an interesting experiment to see how incorrect cookware combines with inexperience.

In other news, last night went by way too quickly. It's interesting how doing absolutely nothing can sometimes leave you feeling as if time has passed by faster than when you're incredibly busy and "productive." Weird. I suppose it depends on how much you enjoy what you're doing (even if it's nothing). Maybe I should do nothing more often. Then again, by the time I'm fifty (assuming I make it that far), I might have changed my view of what's important to me in life and I might begin thinking, "OH NO!! I'VE DONE /NOTHING/ WITH MY LIFE!! AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!" ::shrug:: Then again, doing /something/ might cause this thought at age fifty: "OH NO!! I'VE DONE /SOMETHING/ WITH MY LIFE!! AND LOOK WHERE IT'S GOTTEN ME!! I SHOULD HAVE BEEN RELAXING ALL THAT TIME!!" Can't even win hypothetically...

Well, I'm starving, so I think it's time to make some french toast and grab a glass of chocolate soymilk. Hmm. Liquid. Methinks I'm getting dehydrated or something. Keep wanting liquids...

Feeling geekishly homemakerish,

~nvnohi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home