20040203

MOZILLA FIREBIRD!!! OMG!!!

I thought /MOZILLA/ was awesome! I hadn't seen ANYTHING yet!! Mom's over, both of us feeling poorly, and so we're surfin' the 'net. Hey, what else are we gonna do? Anyway, she found mozilla.org and asked what "firebird" was. I thought it was an email client. No! That's /thunderbird/!! So I got curious and thought, "Hmmmm..." The next thing I knew I was reading about it on Selene and thought again, "Hmmmmm..." THEN I'd downloaded it just for kicks.

Guess what? This is like, the /coolest/ browser ever! It loads SUPER fast, and doesn't even /install/ into Windows. It seems to be completely standalone. I unzipped it into a directory, double-clicked the .exe file, and bingo, there's Mozilla Firebird, already hooked right up to its own site. I found options and changed the default web page to my usual one (my links page), and it worketh! Every time I make a change this little .dat file changes in the directory. This is VERY neat. And talk about customization! I quickly figured out how to destroy the ever-present toolbar and add the buttons I actually wanted to the area with File Edit View etc (only added the stop button and address box, everything else is KEYBOARD-oriented for my purposes) and now I've got a nice large workspace. I could, in all likelihood, copy this whole folder to a CD or another partition and simply flop it back on there when I redo everything - no reinstalling options, nothing, just a c/p of the whole folder. Awesome.

AND I even installed a new theme, not that I really needed it with the number of icons /I/ use, but it was purple, so, you know... ;)

Mozilla Firebird. Same functionality of Mozilla 1.5, but faster and with less Windows integration. I really need to learn linux. They've got some great geekthoughts working out there.

~nvnohi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home