20040119

hackles (crying over here)

Hackles has come to an indefinite end. It isn't fair that two people with genius minds have to work for a living aside from creating their awesome comic strip a mere two days a week. I only discovered this strip last year! I've read all its archives, followed all the characters, and have often wished there were more cartoons. Now the authours must leave it be.

I shall very sadly miss it. A hole has been blown into my heart which will never be filled in until the hopeful day that they can pick up the pieces of their strip and get Hackles out of his obvious demise. Until that day, the world has lost one of the best strips in existence. Garfield, Dilbert, UserFriendly, and a few others are all excellent, but Drake and Jen truly had a gift with their animal-people. I've even categorized all of my coworkers into these characters, including the two penguins...who in my case are MS-involved, not Linux, but I keep telling them they're Linux gurus in disguise, if only they'd see it. Otherwise they're just like those penguins, always together, and always collaborating, and definitely weird. (In a good way.)

Such a sad day despite the sunlight, strange tea and awesome french toast. The music surrounding my sensitive ears has turned melancholy despite its happy rhythm.

Sad techie with a broken heart,

~nvnohi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home