20060918

Practical Bras

I've been poking around Victoria's Secrets on the 'net this morning in search of additional bras. Some might find it risqué to mention, but I'm going to mention my appreciation for racerback, padded, front enclosure bras because it's taken me a long time to figure out what all these types of bras are and when I find clothing I like, I LOVE it.

When I go into a typical store around these parts, I can not, for the life of me, FIND a bra that fits to the point where I can put it on and forget it's there. There's always something: Rides up and over the top of my *woo hoos*, straps fall down, itches, too loose, too tight, etc etc etc. One thing I will say about Victoria's Secrets - you want to follow their sizing recommendations. They are correct for their own stuff no matter how weird it sounds to you at first.

I was poor growing up. I hung out mostly with males the first few decades of my life. The girls I knew were larger than me and lacked some of the problems I did because they actually had enough to hold things down. Being a geek absorbed in BASIC at the time, I didn't care to research much even if I'd had the resources to do so. My mom only said bras suck. Well, as I said, I grew up poor. She never went into such places as Victoria's Secrets, and I'll tell you, when it comes to bras, I'm willing to pay a bit extra for something that's worth even wearing.

You can go to the website (www.victoriassecrets.com) in case you're wondering what ALL the styles are, but for those of you like me out there, this is why I like what I do:

Racerback - back of the bra is extended upward so that the straps have a shorter length. This makes it nearly impossible for the straps to fall off your shoulders.

Front closure - More of a luxury than anything else, I think, but I love these. You put the bra on like a button-up shirt. No fussing behind yourself in the morning after a three-minute shower while you're scarfing down a slice of bacon, spooning oatmeal in your mouth and doing laundry before work. (I work second shift, but these mundane things cut into my computer time so I very much appreciate efficiency.)

Underwire - for me, it means the thing STAYS. Some people hate these because they're uncomfortable. I don't have a problem with them and prefer the sensation of staying to the sensation of "riding" upwards. Especially when I'm bouncing around or dancing or whathaveyou. I can even lift printers and computers without going, "Uh...?" (I don't like sleeping in them, however - they are certainly not comfortable to sleep in, especially when you like sleeping on your stomach as I do.)

Padded - for two reasons, actually. One, they cover things up, which is the only reason I really wear a bra at all (aside from being accustomed to it). Two, they add some meat to us skinny people's "bones" without pushing anything out of whack. ;) See, if I'm too small to fully fill something out, the padding allows room to be comfortable while not collapsing and making me look like I'm buying bras that are a bit too big for me. The idea of squishing myself is not appealing. I somehow suspect that pushing one's boobies into distortion could be a cause of breast cancer. Even if it's not, why take the chance, right?

So, this scary post has ended. Unfortunately, I have a strange feeling another one will arise today. I got a very nice night's sleep last night on the couch. My back feels great, I got to sleep in some weird positions, my muscles feel pulled and stretched and VERY much in a good happy way. I had no idea just how much I missed my weird positions...

Anyway, back to surfing. I haven't finished my purchase yet.

~nv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home