20060818

Ryobi!

This post is about Ryobi, a new brand I found through a friend at work. He loaned me his Tuff Sucker P710, an 18 volt handheld cordless wet/dry vacuum.

Aflac wasn't impressed this morning as I vacuumed a few things in the livingroom, but I think I am. Not that I have much experience with vacuums, but I do know that this little bugger picks up at /least/ as well as my cheap little upright (which I admit isn't great, but then, what vacuum really is). The thing is, my upright is corded and seems it should have more power. This thing is battery-operated.

And, I had *no* idea that my playpen had so much cat hair in it. For a room where the cat supposedly doesn't ever tread, it could easily provide a full month's worth of stair-sweeping. And it wasn't that long ago that I used the cheap upright to go over the carpet. I don't remember this much cat hair in ITS filter. I'd say the handheld is more powerful for that reason alone.

As for what I want it to do, it does that, too, particularly when the filter is clean of cat hair (doesn't take long for it not to be though). Seeds, kibble, and hammie-poop all disappear with relevant ease. Emptying the dirt-cup is easy enough, picking cat-hair and dust off the filter is a bit less fun. However, it's a small little thing so I don't mind it too much. Plus, it rinses easily of any dust that won't come off with the hair. Not that bad, really.

My friend demonstrated last night for a few minutes. I played with it several minutes last night when I got home, and added at least another 15 minutes to its runtime this morning. Its battery finally gave out so now it's in the 1-hour charger. No experience with 18v batteries, but I've seen Dirt Devils advertised as "15 minutes" before recharging might be imminent, so I think it's either average or better. (Dirt Devil may underestimate so if the batteries do better, their reputation is better.)

Anywho, I discovered that Ryobi does powertools, too. I'm thinking I might have a new collection going soon... *sigh* What is it about me and tools (and collections)? I'm a girl, I'm not supposed to like tools, right? (Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... but that chair in the garage soooooooo needs sanding, and Ryobi makes this sander that uses a pad so it doesn't damage the material, sounds good, checking with friend to see if he recommends their tools, too...)

~nv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home