20060912

CVS Photos

CVS Photofinishing. I'm rather impressed. Have been for a while. Granted, I'm not experienced with having digital photos printed in many places, but I'm certainly happy with the results of my digital prowess when it's applied to photographic paper at CVS.

Today, for the first time, I submitted my order online instead of bringing my memory stick into the store itself. I indicated I would pick them up myself, hence, no delivery charges. The only catch about doing this online is that you must order at least $5 worth of photos or they charge you $1.49 or something. So I added an 8x10 since I'd been wanting one anyway, and submitted. I immediately got an email confirming my order.

36 minutes later, I got another email. This one told me my photos were ready to be picked up at the store I'd chosen just 37 minutes earlier.

So I can effectively take a clump of plastic, metal, and glass, aim at a frog, press a button, and get a duplicate of nature in virtual format. Then I can take a little card the size of a large stamp, shove it into a slot on my computer, use long thin insulated strips of wire to send my "image" to a computer in CVS about 8 miles from here, and in 36 minutes, I can pick up this image on a piece of paper. Full glossy. In fact, if I sent these, then took a shower and left, I'd probably get there just as they stuffed my photos in an envelope.

This is a magnificent, albeit scary, age that we live in.

~nv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home