20060601

shopping for campstuffs

I went shopping today for camp/survival stuff, amongst other things. Been a while since I splurged so I got meself:

1. foldup shovel (it's my first shovel other than the little snow one)

2. little mess kit (last weekend I wanted to boil water for tea but didn't have a heatable container, and plus, it's cool to have miniature pots and pans that weigh about as much as a CD)

3. potable water tablets (good for camping AND emergencies)

4. foldup grill (to put over campfire)

5. "magic heat" (sterno-like can with attachable "stove")

6. bottled water

7. 50' nylon cord on a plastic thingie (never get enough tying stuff)

8. blindspot mirrors

9. 25' tape measure for Upstairs (it was on sale, too!)

Most of the above will be stashed in my truck, of course. It’s a good thing I got an Access cab. Am thinking of saving for a tonneau cover next so I can have my stuff and still carry passengers. It’s not nice to make them ride in the rain. Ha. Ha. J

I looked for a small camp axe because Michelle asked me if I had one and I realized I didn't... but they didn't have any. Hmph. They had machetes but I don't think I'd ever need one of those. I resisted the purchase of any more multipurpose tools and knives.

Also got a little keychain laser pointer for Aflac. It's got five lenses you can swap out: plain, happy face, dollar sign, sun, and I [heart] You. I put one on at random hoping it was the I [heart] you one and it was!! I'll surprise him with it when he gets home by casting it across the room when he's not looking at me. Hehheh. He had one before and used to play with Kitty with it, but it died. Happened across this when I was looking for a blindspot mirror to put on my monitor. They were in the automotive department. :)

Over and out... must find food now.

~nv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home