20060421

Poem - We Renamed The Moon

We Renamed The Moon
a personal parody of the Waterboys' "The Whole Of The Moon"
42006042151 - ©2006 WLL

I picture a rainbow
Touching down on the land
I used to have flashes
But I had no plan
I wandered out on the streets for years
While I just stayed in my room
I looked through Windows
And hated all versions of Doom
All versions of Doom

You weren't there playing Tiles
You had rocks at your heels
You photographed stars
And you knew you were real
You climbed so high
So far
So soon
One day I found I was real, too

I'm still grounded
While I'm filling your eyes
I was dumbfounded by you
As you told no lies
I saw the rain on my Windows
You saw Apple's tunes
We ate some crescents
And we went and renamed the moon

I try to do things
You just do
I wondered, I learned and applied
What you just knew
I've tried
You have, too
We had some bagels
And we went and renamed the moon
We renamed the moon
We renamed the moon

With keys in your pocket
And the rocks at your heels
You climbed lots of mountains
And you knew you were real
You climbed so high
So far
So soon
But it's we who have renamed the moon
We renamed the moon

Ping pong vs hackerdom
Fallacies and fears
I love everything I am
The oceans dried my tears
Flags, tags, and tournaments
Lots of download bars
We're every precious dream and vision
Alive beneath the stars
Yeah, you climbed on the mountains
With the wind at your tail
You hike like you're seasoned
With blazes on trails
So high
So far
So soon
Oh, oh, oh
But we went and renamed the moon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home