20060202

What a crock!!

Aflac dragged out two little cookbooks for me this morning. I knew he had a crockpot but I'd never used one so all I knew was that you throw stuff in and cook it for hours. No idea how (does it steam, bake, what?) so when he suggested we cook something in it this weekend, I was quite excited (something new you see). It sounds like very little to really get excited over, actually, but I'm excited nonetheless. Especially when he said you can make POT ROAST in these things!!

So far my tongue is telling me to go with the Asian Pot Roast because it's got garlic and ginger in it and the description and serving suggestions sound absolutely wonderful... and the onions are cut in rings so Aflac could easily pull them out. (He's not an onion person. Well, unless it's Onion Radio PodCast of course.)

The only problem is that the recipe will take 9 to 10 hours. HOURS!! As in, you know, 60 minutes times 9 or 10!! That could mean 600 MINUTES!! OMG!! That's... egads, that's 36000 SECONDS!!!!! Plus whatever it takes to serve the meat and wait for it to cool enough to eat... MAN! We're gonna have to start this the night before so we can have it for breakfast... my poor little ( little?! ) stomach won't wait that long... it was brought up in the MicroAge where you throw some Cream-Of-Wheat in a pot of boiling water, stir for a minute and vóìlá! FOOD!! (or something resembling something)

So I've gotta keep looking through this book in case something else grabs my tummy's attention, but in the meantime, KEEP ON COOKIN'!! (and truckin' of course)

~nv

1 Comments:

Blogger ~nv said...

Thanks, shane! I appreciate that. Already got some of the ingredients for Asian Pot Roast, which is what will likely be had unless an even better recipe comes along. Will post how it is!

01:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home