20051230

Uncharacteristic

Today marks the first day of a nine-day vacation. My plans include lots of computer time, some TV, reorganizing my playpen, etc - the typical stuff I never have enough time to do when I'm working.

So what did I start off with? Well, instead of enjoying myself, I started worrying about finances and cancer rates being so high in these parts and the dental thing (actually, that's in with financial concerns) and the lizards being brown when they should be green and stuff like that. But then as I was about to check email I caught myself and thought, for God's sake, why are you worrying?! These things are things you don't have any control over other than refusing to worry about them and continuing to improve on yourself and how you look at things. You're healthy, pain-free, have a wonderful place to live in a town you love, awesome creatures all around you, computers up the ying yang, you're not starving, you've got friends who care about you, Mom's finally happy, your Christmas was the bestest ever, and to top it all off, you are with the most awesome dude in the whole wide world!! Those are the things you need to focus on. Enjoy the day, sillygeekperson! You have nine days off!! You can now do all the things you haven't had time to do lately!! Why are you wasting this precious gift of time??

So I started snapping out of it. Then I read an email from Aflac. At the end of it, he said, "Relax and enjoy!" (re: my vacation time; he's at work right now, poor guy, lol) The point was driven home. How easy it is to forget how fortunate we are. But with all the work I've been doing for myself, it's becoming easier and easier to look at what's right in front of me, right here, right now, and start focusing on looking through the rose-colored lenses instead of covering them up with my hands. Too many people are afraid to be happy. I don't want to be one of them. CARPE EL DIEM!!

With that, I'm going to go find my techno music software. As soon as I find food. Stomach has decided it's hungry now...

By the way, an awesome song I recently began enjoying is "Uncharacteristic (It Must Be You)" by John Hoskinson... in fact, it was just playing a short time ago. And now that "One" came on by Johnny Cash, it's reminded me of the movie about his life. "Walk The Line" is a must-see. Very enlightening.

~nv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home