20050419

Definition of Love

"love (n.)
1. A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
2. A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance."
(Dictionary.com)

Yep. That's it. The word "ineffable" bridges the gap in my head.

I would further like to add to that the sense of overwhelming freedom that arises on an even deeper level. Methinks it's the only thing truly missing from that definition. Then again, maybe ineffable describes that, too.

God, words don't do things justice. I've spent my whole life learning the art of the written word only to have none available to describe anything truly important or profound.

And somehow, despite all protests from the eloquent aspect of my mind, it doesn't matter whatsoever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home