20040207

Penguins

Been rereading Hackles.org again, and came across one of their links. It was on penguins (facts, etc). Then I had a bright idea! Look for MORE on penguins!! After all, I can't sleep anyway, stupid throat gets all weird on me and such. So, on my last sip of chicken noodle soup, I go searching.

This is my favourite penguin picture site thus far: Penguin Haven.

Very cool (no pun intended). That particular page is on the Adelie species of penguin, but there are links to others as well. The first pic on the right side is typical of that piece that Saturday Night Live (I think it was them) did on a dating service. Remember that? They hooked up all the "losers" and such? Anyway... I also love the second and third ones down on the right side. The second one reminds me of The Game. "Good thing he jumped. If he didn't I would have had to push him..." The third one down is just downright cool. That dude looks like he's flying high. "Yippeeee!! I just finished my program!!" (Okay, so REAL penguins don't really program. At least, the scientists haven't indicated such behaviour. Yet.)

And that second one down on the LEFT side! That's perfect ring-around-the-iceberg, there. The one below it is cool, too... don't they look like one is saying, "Okay, you stand right there. We both turn around. On the count of ten, we turn as fast as we can and whoever gets into the water first wins the fish." No, seriously. They're really discussing Quantum Physics. And below THAT... "Did you see that?" "Yep, another snowmobile bites the 'berg. Tsk, tsk."

And lastly, the one on the right, the last one: "Hey, honey, the chicks are outside playing! You wanna...?" "Get away from me, it's not friday yet!!"

Remember how I said that there were other penguin species, too? There are some REALLY cute pictures of Emperor Chicks on the "Emperor Chicks and their Families" page. What person in their right mind would think animals aren't as "good" as humans? Go look at the Chicks page and tell me that doesn't resemble a human family. The difference is, those chicks don't bear arms like many human children do. Ha. Ha. Get it? They have /flippers/... Aw, never mind...

This flu had better take a hike and fast...

Germy techie (who just had inkling of desire for wheat germ, figure that one out),

~nvnohi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home