20040215

Subnetting

This is actually a bit late, but I *think* I finally understand Subnetting!! Or at least, I'm *this* close to it... Took three-point-something semesters of Cisco and VLSM to get my mind to go that way instead of running FAST in the opposite direction, but now it's all excited about it and can barely get enough. WONDERFUL feeling to have again, that "wow this is interesting" feeling that comes from a sudden realization about something. Awesome.

In other news, I'm hungry again. Now you just wait one second before rolling your eyes at me! I haven't eaten since, oh, about 11 hours ago. That's a long time even for ME!! I'm thinking chips and dip might be fairly good right about now. What?! There's four food groups in there! In fact, there may be more food groups than that in there... let's see, potatoes=veggie plus carby thing; onion in dip=another veggie; cream in dip=milk product; lots of salt=okay, this stuff is REALLY salty... what did they do, dump a box of salt in here and add some cream? Zipes. I knew I should have bought some plain sour cream and made my own. Or at least added some of this stuff to the sour cream. I'd say add sour cream to this stuff but that's definitely backwards. Too salty for that.

Anyway, I've got some lightly-salted chips, highly salted dip, and a nice cool glass of chocolate soymilk, all mixed deliciously with a song by Pulp called "Something Changed." WOW time flies. Ooh. Song changed. "You're The Inspiration" by Chicago... just when you thought there wasn't a better song, your favourite comes on and melts you into the carpet as a reminder that it's still better than anything else you've ever heard. What a possessive little creature this song is. I must have listened to this song - purposely - at LEAST well over a million times since the end of 1984. Probably more-- whoa, and there's the "oh" at the end. O...M...G... ::shivering::

I LOVE that voice, that music, the doubletracking... Peter and David together were geniuses. Okay, they're geniuses anyway in their own right, but they made such good music together. Together their talents hit perfection, as is evidenced by that one song...

I'm very very very very very very very very very sleepy so I'm gonna go fiddle with the tv and see if I can get it working again (something screwy with cable). If I can I'm gonna go cuddle up in front of the boob tube and eat my chips and salty cream and drink the yummy cool chocolate soymilk and see if I can't stop this stomach from growling so I can SLEEP again!!

Still the techiest,

~nvnohi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home