20060921

Citrix

Now, this is cool. I was informed the other day at work that I have a "Citrix" account. Up until that day, I was only aware that Citrix was a remote access tool so one can log into things from most any internet connection. Once I heard /I/ had an account, however... WELL... this is one nifty utility. You type in the address provided, log in, and vóìlá, you have access to things at work. I can even check email that way. Granted, I could check email from home before, but /this/ allows me to use Outlook instead of a webinized version. That makes me very happy. It's not remote desktop, mind you, but a virtual pc located on a server which runs the applications as you. I won't go into any further detail since I don't know enough about it to ensure my wording won't endanger some some form of security at the workplace, but suffice it to say you can probably find out anything you want to know from the Citrix website.

VERY cool. 'nuff said.

~nv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home