20050718

How our lives change!

Duck and I briefly chatted about how our lives have changed since we've met each other. (From this point on, "Duck" will be a pseudo for my boyfriend.) He thought perhaps mine changed even more than his, and I agreed. However, I had to admit it's not just him that has caused my life to be so awesomely modified from its former existence. I did, after all, get a new attitude months ago, and I also got Dante about the same time as he and I were settling into this wonderful relationship. The attitude means freedom from the world's judgements and demands, and Dante means freedom from my apartment. I can go anywhere, do so much more, now that I have a vehicle. BUT... Duck pointed out some places I could go: Hiking trails, his place, table tennis, and long, scenic drives around the area. Previously the only real places I knew of that I could go was rock climbing with my friends and visiting people and going shopping and to local concerts. Hiking was on my agenda, but I had no clue how to find the trails and was barely asking people when lo, Duck's into hiking of all things!!

And as I've become interested in all sorts of new things, I've slowly begun to feel as if I not only exist, but that I'm... actually... acting... normal! Yes, ladies and germs and geeks from all walks of life, this geekchick is somehow depriving herself of her computers long enough to walk out into the open airs of normalcy and put herself on display for all to see as she hikes through rocky trails, slurps ice cream in the park, dances at concerts, eats at restaurants, goes through drive-thrus, plays table tennis and miniature golf, climbs rocks, and drives around to her heart's delight!! I've joined... /activities/!!

Perhaps the scariest thing about my life now is that Duck himself seems normal. I mean, he's dating ME, so there must be something abnormal about him (*giggle*) but he's been into all sorts of activity stuff for so long that it's all just fun to him. He's simply (?) added me to the mix. And I'll tell you, with me around, you never know what's going to happen! So I'm sure he thinks HIS life has /really/ changed, even though I'm only one person and for the most part, it's probably safe to say his activities haven't suffered too much. Imagine, though, how enhanced my own life has become since he's been in it. Words don't dare to describe it for so many reasons!

So earlier today I was sitting here staring at the computers, critters, and plants, and thinking, "I feel different. I've been feeling different. It's a free feeling, and a happy one, and of course there's the Duck-related feelings. But there's something else. What is it?"

I feel normal. That's it. For the first time in my entire life, I understand how it feels to be normal. (Or at least close to it, lol.)

Imagine, me feeling normal. How strange. But that's what it is. It must be. Not that normal has any definite meaning, but to me it means going out into the world and doing things, whether trivial or large-scale. It's working for a living, knowing people, doing stuff, hanging out, and figuring out what one's life is all about. And this year, I've been doing that. I'm no longer hiding behind a monitor, and what I've endeavored to do has come to fruition. It's now time to set even higher goals for myself. Haven't figured those out yet of course, but I know I'll be able to attain them, whatever they are. LOL.

Here ends this overly-thought-out post. Happy Harmonies, everyone.

~nv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home