20040727

New "baby" on the way

Wow, it's been a while since I last posted here. Guess I've been busy. Or at least thought I've been.

First off, I failed the CCNA - again. Surprisingly, I really don't care that much. Talk about Cisco burnout. I'll probably go back and try it again at some point, but not until my brain has regained its confidence. LOL. Perk: All that studying actually did cement subnetting and a few other things in my head, which is great considering I don't get to use this knowledge much. I think I'll keep reading up on the stuff and try to stay somewhat current, just in case I do go back. The bad thing about all the studying I did was that I burned myself out and got too nervous to take the test properly. So my mind blanked out. Terribly. Still, the knowledge is there. Yay to me.

Second, I'M BUILDING ANOTHER "BABY"!!! It'll be Soyo/AMD all this time. Figured it's about time I try out Intel's competition and see what all the hype is about. Besides, this is going to be a gamebox for the most part. Specs follow:

CPU: AMD 1.83mhz CPU (333mhz fsb, I know, bottlenecking system, hush)
MB: Soyo KT600 Dragon Plus
CASE: Chieftec Mini Tower Dragon (blue, 7 bays, clear side panel)
RAM: Ultra 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz
VID: Chaintech GeForceFX 5200 256MB DDR 8X AGP w/TV (yep, this baby's got nvidia in it)

Just hope Selene doesn't get too "jealous" this time. She has a habit of acting up every time I bring a new computer into the house. It's very weird! Maybe by now she'll realize that she'll always be my first and foremost concern 'cause she's the first computer I built... AND she's still my music tower. Amongst several zillion other things... (photo editing, writing, website creation, im, chat, internet, etc etc etc not to mention pda stand and makeshift bulletinboard)

Anyway, just had to spread the awesome news!! All necessary parts should be here by next week. w00t!!

~nvnohi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home