20040115

Oils

I know I've often had an odd ability to be attracted to expensive stuff at times, but... I had no idea that extended to /oils/! An exboyfriend once used this essential oil that I loved, either frankincense or myrrh or both. He said it was /very/ expensive, one of the most expensive, actually. Ha ha. My scent of choice for myself happens to be Jasmine. I was just looking at this site, and Jasmine is the most expensive on the whole site, followed by Rose and Blue Chamomile. In fact, even 10% Jasmine (mixed with grapeseed oil) is nearly as much as pure Myrrh. Frankincense is actually cheaper. Zheezh... At least I love silver over gold... but it reminds me of when a friend and I went into this antique shop once and I was immediately drawn to these crystal vases and the like. I'm like, "Wow! THIS is what crystal SHOULD look like!!" I'd never been totally impressed with other crystal I'd seen. Well, I soon understood why - /this/ was /lead/ crystal. Not just lead crystal, like 20% or whatever the usual amount these days is. REAL lead crystal. The kind that actually sparkles in /any/ light. The cut in the crystal was stunning. The price tag was, too (for that stuff anyway), but unfortunately I didn't have enough with me that day... ::sigh::

One of my favourite pasttimes at my mom's house is to "price" the antiques on the Antique Roadshow whenever she happens to have it turned on. I'm usually fairly good at it, too. Is it possible that this is some talent, or is this just something everyone can do? Mom doesn't appear to be /that/ good at it... ::shrugs, focus shifting toward music that's playing::

Ooh!! "Da, Da, Da" by Trio!! I LOVE this stupid song!! Gotta go bounch my head to the dumb, repetitive beat...

Still the techiest,

~nvnohi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home