20041029

animals

There was a post on the petercetera.com message board about animals we DON'T like. How refreshing. Usually we have favourite this and favourite that, never seen an UNfavourite list before.

My answer was pincing bugs, mosquitoes, and dive-bombing houseflies, followed by fast, loose spiders that I'm not expecting to run on or in front of me. Then I listed some of the animals I think are rather lovable. Rats are smart, mice are soooooo cute and soft, gerbils have those fluffy little tail-tufts, chinchillas are cute considering how mean they look (omg and you can barely feel their fur they're so soft)... rabbits are rabbits, there's just no getting around the fact THEY'RE cute, sweet, and yes, they can be quite smart, too. Ferrets oftentimes smell bad but they're very playful, fun to watch, and their little faces are sooooooo cute. I was never a huge fan of lizards until the past few months since I brought Lancelot home. He's a green anole, similar to a Chameleon as far as size and colour-changing ability goes but actually related to the Iguana (or so says science). He's wicked cute and has turned me on to lizards. I have always loved iguanas... oh, and I used to want a boa constrictor as a child but stopped wanting one when I found out they ate mice - still, I do have a great affection for them, as well as pythons. Someone I know has one of each, a ball python, and a red-tailed boa. The boa is longer than I am tall and VERY powerful, but she just wraps herself around my neck and arms and head and lies there for the most part. Until she decides she wants to slink off into the couch... :: fake glare :: And the ball python scared me at first, but her and I are friends now. She's smaller, darker, and her eyes glisten more. She's slower but has a tendency to slide her way up to my ear where she whispers little tickling terms of sniffings to me. Shudder. Look, babe, wrap around my neck or arm or something and leave my ear out of this. That tickles. Yanno?

Back to the mice, though... I saw the cutest little mouse last night... went over someone's house and they had a dwarf mouse. She had the hugest ears I'd ever seen on a mouse, and she was itty-bitty, about yay big (holds up small space between index/thumb). WICKED fast little bugger. She's got this long twisting ensemble of tubing and other attachments, and she decided to wash herself in the plastic wheel where we could watch her unabashedly. Talk about fast-forwarding a video tape! It was like she'd been taped and then sped up about fifty times. wash-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wash, lick-li-li-li-li-li-lick, comb-co-co-co-co-co-co-co-comb... scratch-scra-scra-scra-scra-scra-scra-scratch... liiiiiiiiiiick, waaaaaash, cooooooooooomb, scratch, scratch, comb, lick, munch, look up, stare, "What, you never seen a mouse groom herself before? Oh well." Wash-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wash...

Mice are worse than the "typical female humans" when it comes to grooming... Me, I groom only enough to make myself presentable to the world. Any more than that and I risk losing valuable computer-time. Sleeping already wastes time as it is. Certainly not going to bother with makeup and hair spray for the computer's sake!!

Okay, I need food. Now. Stomach is soooooooooooooooo not happy with me right now. Food this time of day, though? Yick... :: scolds stomach :: oh well. She wants food, I'd better give it to her before she decides to eat her own lining. That would NOT be good.

And I just realized I left out guinea pigs. They're very cute, too. Especially the one living where the boa and python are. She's very sweet and loveable. (Sorry, sweetie, for leaving you out!)

Happy Harmonies!!

~me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home