20060319

Lost My Voice

Well last sunday I came down with what I thought was the flu
But here it's sunday once again and it seems that I'm still feeling you
I cough and I choke and I'm blowing my nose
At times I swear my throat is clogged with pantyhose
I get up and I drink and I try to watch tv
But I hack and I spit and I know who snores - it's me
Through the night I'm wide awake even though I'm still asleep
But if you asked me just one question you woudn't hear a peep
'cause my voice has been lost in the hackings of my pleghm
And my uvula was swollen maybe five times maybe ten
The doc prescribed the steroids but the suckers won't go down
Leaving only bitter taste and the ab's made me frown
Last night I took Nyquil but it only brought me shame
Stuff went down but I swear that it's only liquid flame

My throat is dry although I try to keep it wet as I sweat
I'm in my chair lighter than air and I get on the internet
My head is floating through cyberspace what a race and I fly
Through the screen this flu is mean it makes me feel like I should die
But no I won't because you're there I know you care and so I'll fight
Against this virus that's among us and when you say I'll be alright
I believe it I've been through this many times before you came
Into my life still what a night I want some sleep but play this game
Of trying drugs to help me through but even you don't have much hope
They'll do much good as if they could and now I feel like such a dope

Note: I found a song by Weird Al called "Couch Potato" which happened to be a parody of Eminem's "Lose Yourself." I've discovered that I actually LIKE Eminem (even though I swear I hate rap) and as I began to write this blog, the above came out. Guess some things simply rub off on me. ::shrug::

~nv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home