20110807

simple things, and many of them

This morning has been perfect, except for the fact I had trouble waking up even when I woke up.  First, I blearily got out of bed and realised that if I hadn't been so accustomed to getting up at the same time every morning, I'd have likely still been asleep.  Then I realised I had some weird-a** dreams that quickly faded from memory.  (Something about Falcor from the Neverending Story?)  Then I got myself a pot of Ceylon Sonata and a slice of toast with marmalade and made my way up to my little relaxation area upstairs.  I call it my "tearoom" because it's a couple old cushions with lots of covers and pillows and a couple spots to place teacups.  I like to read up there sometimes, like this morning.  So I read another chapter in a book and dozed off.  Dale got up.  We proceeded to shower and then had scones and tea together in the kitchen and I saw that he had his iPad so I exclaimed, "He has a device!  Cool!  I'm getting one!" and went off to get Booger Bandit, my little Asus EeePC netbook, who has a recently installed copy of Ubuntu on him.  It took me a while to remember the password.  Then I began to browse and check email again.

Yes, I know.  I have a rather expensive laptop that I could do the same thing with.  Three things.  1) For those of you who won't eat or drink around technology, pretend I chose a cheaper technology for your mind's ease.  2) I had a tea tray behind booger.  He's smaller, thus had just enough room without completely rearranging things.  3) Because I can.  Why bother having all this tech in the house if I never use half of it?  Besides, it's a new O/S for me.  I've got to use it!

Currently I'm on Talon again (my rather expensive macbook pro).  He's easier to type on and has a nice 15" screen which makes it easier to see.  I'd forgotten how annoying a tiny netbook screen can be, but hey, he still serves a purpose.  Right now, Booger is installing updates.  Even linux distros do not escape the dreaded updates.  Se la vie.

So anywho, book, tea, scones, marmalade, tech, Dale.  Even Sinclair paid me a brief visit this morning.  He's such a caaaat.  (Still think he's part dog though.)  Morning is awesome.

:D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home