20110729

whoa, this is a ripoff.

Dale was just talking about Office and the programs that are included in the two mac versions.  I went to compare them for myself to the Windows versions and realized that they charge $150 for both the mac and Windows versions of the home/student edition.  I have a bit of an issue with that.  Onenote comes with the Windows version, but not with the Mac version.  It's a $79 program by itself.  I find it annoying that they'd a) not make OneNote for mac (I happen to love OneNote) and then throw salt in the wounds by keeping the price the same.

Admittedly, they can charge whatever the heck they want, but it still seems wrong on the surface, somehow.  They got their pricing right for the next one, though... Tacking on the price of Outlook minus four cents.  (whoo)  Anywho, whatever.  I have the full Professional version for Windows through work, great deal, that.  I might have purchased just OneNote otherwise (although I have Scrivener for writing, which is similar in some ways and native to Mac).  OpenOffice isn't horrible, after all.  But I am glad to have everything because it's so much more fun to use MS products!!  (And I'm not kidding, I do love their suite.)

~me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home