20110621

POEM: HEALING

HEALING

2011062001 - c2011 wlc


I woke up one morning with darkness

Living in my heart

Exploding like a bad dream

Tearing me apart


She waltzed in and stole a life

I'd only just begun

Intercepting happy thoughts

Replacing them with one


I watched your thoughts as you would try

To see the good in hers

Taking for granted all this freedom

That our love infers


Still I'm in here and she's out there

Doing whatever she does with hurting

While I try to forgive

And wake up with you each dawning morning


I woke up this morning with gladness

Sunshine living in my heart

Exploding like a fantasy

Taking me apart


My love's waltzed in, breathing life

I've finally just begun

Intercepting sadder thoughts

Replacing them with one


I wouldn't change your rosy thoughts

I love the way they think of me

I've taken for granted all the joy

In the only way you see


Still you're right here when I'm out there

Doing what I do with thinking

While you go on with living life

I stop myself from nearly sinking


I woke up this morning with the sun

Shining forgiveness into my soul

Shooting my heart into the sky

Like a seed, a tree made whole


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home