20090316

dumb me

So a month or so ago, Dale and I agreed to hang blankies over the
dining room entries to contain the cold in there. It worked. But
then today dumb me does two really dumb things. First, I moved the
rocking chair over by one of the blankies so I could move in a couple
tables in its place in prep for the LAN party this weekend. I recall
thinking, "Hm, I'd better remember that's there next time Dale and I
go chasing each other around the house, or someone's gonna go running
through that blanket, not realize the chair's there, and trip over it!"

The second dumb thing I did was run around the house and trip over it.

Thankfully for the chair, I nearly flipped myself over it in a
successful attempt to keep it from flipping over and potentially
breaking, briefly ignoring sudden pain in my ankle during the
process. However, I've now got a nice lumpy bruise on my ankle from
ramming it into the chair's pointy rocker.

Ouch.

But thankfully for my ankle, Dale thought quickly and offered me ice
wrapped in a towel after I finished reciting every curse word known to
man. Good thing, because I've no clue how swollen it would have been
otherwise. I'm hoping tonight's rest is putting it back on the path
to ankle-health and that tomorrow it'll just be a tad sensitive, if
anything.

In the meantime, the epoxy stuff the Dentist put on my tooth went and
broke today, so now I've got a stub again. I'm in the process of
getting a crown/bridge and already broke the temp early last week. I
was warned that the epoxy could last 5 minutes or perhaps long enough
to the next appointment, though, so I'm not heartbroken or anything.
I do, however, have to watch out for sudden air intake through the
mouth. Talk about pain! I'm a mess, man!!

In other news, I got quite a number of books to read and played Soul
Caliber IV today... Raven's been reformatted... had Indian food
again... went for an awesome walk with Dale earlier... that was before
I smacked the sh** outta my ankle! So overall, an excellent day, pain
notwithstanding.

~nv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home