20090311

water intake

I've long held that 8 glasses of water per day is insane, let alone
15+, unless you're someone that eats jerky and other dehydrated foods
all day long or doesn't eat at all (in which case you might have other
issues anyway) - the body is mostly water, after all. But if you eat
soups, fruits, veggies, and anything NORMAL... like, oh, say, a varied
diet... how can anyone believe in drinking so much water all the time?
Balance, people, balance. Drink when you're thirsty! Zheezh... I
just don't get it and probably never will. Heck, I've tried guzzling
more than usual just to see if I felt better like some say, and you
know what? I felt fine, except for a nagging sensation in my right
side, as if my kidney was irritated. Then I kept feeling like I
should have to pee but couldn't. So I don't drink fluid unless I want
it, not just for the sake of drinking "enough." My body knows what it
needs, I think. Usually. LOL.

http://www2.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=378f85de-27de-4046-815e-293b772666e5
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6263029.stm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home