20101120

Tea Room

So, Dale, Amy, and I visited a placed called Dobra Tea.  It's a lovely little tea shop with a couple little "rooms" for people to drink tea in and chit chat.  I liked the experience and decided I would try to duplicate it in some form or another.

Welcome to my little tea room.  It "opened" last night despite not being fully completed.  I just put in a couple old couch cushions I've been toting around with me for years, rearranged my playpen, and now there's a purple and white wall separating a third of the room from the rest.  A table flanks the open end so there's a tiny little spot to get into the cushioned area.  It's JUST big enough for three people to sit comfortably.  (Small people, mind you.)  I think I can squeeze in four but it'll be pushing it.  Still, for a shorter time than the three of us were in there last night, I think it'll be OK.

Amy stopped in last night and the three of us enjoyed our various beverages and snacks and generally just had a good time.  Dale ended up inventing a game of throwing our socks at each other over the "wall" of the thing, so he stayed barricaded in the tea room while we ventured out to the other side of the wall to bombard him with socks.  It was fun and helped to warm the room more.  Then it got late and I began to fall asleep on the floor and Amy went home.

Fun, fun, fun evening, and the nausea that has plagued me for two days has finally subsided.  I'm glad because I was getting _very_ annoyed by it... mostly because I hate nausea but also because I couldn't eat without feeling worse, and you know how I feel about eating!!

This morning I've baked some goodies for tonight's venture and am about to work on more.  :D

~nv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home