20101014

Finally found my style

This is my ideal wardrobe.  This stuff has been tried and tested and I've finally figured out it's what I love.  Very specific, mind you.  I'm excited, though, because at least now I have an idea as to what I'm looking for!!

Shirts:  Rayon.  Sleeveless.  Button-up.  Solid-colour, if anything otherwise, then the most would be subtle stitching but no patterns.  Colours - dark stuff, like black, brown, deep reds, deep purples, dark greens.  A little below the waist for length.  I have searched high and low for these sorts of shirts and haven't yet found much in the way of what I like.

Pants (summer):  Gaucho.  That's what they're called!!  Gaucho!!  Basically capris with extra wide legs.  They look like a skirt when worn because the material is so loose and draping.  Rayon, patterned or not, any colour that would go with the usual colour scheme.  Cotton might work, too.  I don't see these very often.  One pair was at http://www.thelittlebazaar.com/category/Clothing/.

Pants (hiking or more all-purpose):  Zip-off pants with lots of pockets.  Awesome.  Solid colours, browns, greens, black.  I've seen this in heavy cotton and nylon ripstop.  Both are awesome.  I generally have found these at LLBean and other outdoorsy stores.

Pants (winter):  Still figuring this out.  The zip-offs would work OK if in heavy cotton.  I tend towards LLBean for now.

Jackets:  Dark/medium red or dark green denim or canvas, breast pockets, collared, button-up, obvious stitching a plus.  Would also go for a tan of sorts, or any shade of brown.  Jackets are good for two reasons.  First, when it gets cold, they keep me warm and I can still wear my sleeveless shirts.  Second, they offer pockets when I'm wearing skirts.  Finally, they tend to look good on me.  LLBean sometimes has them, as does Eddie Bauer, Orvis, and other such places.  I think Old Navy has them sometimes, too.  They seem expensive to me, but jackets usually are.  (Grr.)

Skirts:  Rayon or cotton.  Long (ankle-length, preferably).  Patterned or solid.  Lots of material.  I've seen a couple of things these are called:  Batik, swirly skirts, Hippie, Gypsy, Crinkle.  They're awesome and I finally found a huge selection of them at reasonable prices:  http://www.thelittlebazaar.com/category/Clothing/

Sweaters:  I don't typically do sweaters, but the few I wear are zip-ups in dark colours that are super soft to the touch.  I _hate_ wool.  It's never "not itchy."  Ever.  Chenille is very nice.  Generally I don't do anything polyester due to the static factor.  Whatever chenille is, it doesn't seem to cause static all the much.  :D

Shoes:  I know my style on this one, always have.  Black booties with a separate heel that isn't too high, the top of the booties fold down about a half-inch.  The problem is that shoes and my feet hate each other.  It has become impossible to find shoes my feet love.  Except for the five-finger ones, but those are for hiking and short-term use only.  Sigh.

Socks:  Black calf-high tube socks.  Became exceedingly difficult to find so I switched to white calf-high tube socks.  Gah!  I also wear colourful thin ones these days.  My favourite shoppe for the latter is hotsox.com.  Not warm in winter, though.  LOL

Hats:  No.





~w

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home