20091113

Poem: The Page

THE PAGE
2009111241 - c2009 WLC

A twist of metal, shimmering
A twist of hope is glimmering
Sparkles catch like prisms split
Dazzling rainbow colours lit

Gliding by, another year
Quickly fading was my fear
Much has happened, never know
Tears dry quickly as we go

On the emptiness of space
Words of love emblazoned here
Feel our heartbeats gently race
Sensing things is oddly queer

In my book of life, ties scattered
Slowly do I build this house
Filled with distant, loving chatter
More silent even than a mouse

Across the pink hues of the sky
Slowly do I say goodbye
For one day as I head home
Seldom am I now alone

Surrounding me, the stars
In the sparkles of your eyes
Time immortal loves you more
Oh, how fast it seems to fly

Know the reasons when I cry
Are but wounds that seek to dry
When you don't feel on the page
Look beyond the saddened rage

And listen for the well of silence
Dripping tears for what's to be
Look into my eyes, you'll see
You are so much more to me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home