20091031

Poem: Condemnation

CONDEMNATION
2009103101 - c2009wlc

Last night I was angry
Without knowing why
I wanted to scream
And I wanted to cry

As the evening wore on
I found music instead
I poured out emotions
I thought would be dead

I couldn't touch wine
When I was having my meat
Bitter, did it taste
Then I fell asleep

And when the morning light was dawning
My brain already was awake
Churning thoughts, disrupting the waters
Of a somewhat calm lake

This morning I cried
A heavy heart pumping tears
I was soaked through and through
As slowly it dawned
That it was about you

Some good may have come from this
But to save that little girl
I'd shed many more tears
And never know them at all

Samhain's here today
The walls between us might be thin
It doesn't mean I'll let you haunt me
For in the spring new growth begins

~nv

"Sometimes I just hold you, too caught up in me to see I'm holding a
fortune that Heaven has given to me." -Richard Marx, "Now And Forever"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home