20090920

Poem: Sundown

SUNDOWN
2009092001 c2009 WLC

I overslept this morning
Swept away by dreaming
Walking through the castle halls
Chasing ghosts behind the door
Every time they walked away
I was reaching even more

The leaves were rustling in the trees
We were chased by killer bees
My world crashed down around my feet
Tears were washed into a sea

Despair
It is a horrid feeling
And I vowed to never feel it
Ever again
So when I let it all pass by
And multitudes were lost to me forever
I kept going on my way
And suddenly we were together

The sun was lighting up my keys
Even in the black of night
Now the rain is less appealing
The glare from you has filled my sight

I'm overwhelmed
By a beating in my chest
A life filled up by shining eyes
The birds have taken to their rest

You're like a drug
One that makes me sleep
Sometimes I don't even know
How far under, well, it's so deep

Joy
It is a wondrous thing
And I vowed to never lose it
Ever again
The sun dipped down below the mountains
I watched the final rays
My heart told me, 'twould always be,
Until our final days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home