20090203

Rat rice?

The other day I gave my three rats a big huge spoonful of rice from
dinner. You know, like the soup ladle size spoon.

The next day I went to check on things and every last grain was gone.

Those little buggers probably shouldn't have eaten that much rice,
but, apparently they REALLY liked it. So far no ill effects,
thankfully. In fact all three of them are acting pretty spunky
tonight. The cats are sitting on the stairway landing giving me very
dirty looks, like, "I can't /believe/ you're letting them run around
your table and you won't let us have even ONE!! What a selfish human,
keeping three rats all to yourself like that!!"

My raternal instincts kicked into alertness when Lisa and Rikki both
fell silent and still, their eyes seemingly fixed on something. At
first I figured it was Sinclair, whom I didn't see in my line of
sight. Turns out I was right, sort of. I hadn't realized just how
close he was getting until something about the rats' stare made me
shiver. So I moved my elbow ever so slightly and peered over it to
see that Sinclair was just settling down below the edge of the table
with large black saucers for eyes. I didn't watch him very long to
know he was in pounce mode. Just as I pulled my hands together to
scare him off, his butt began wiggling and he'd already risen a bit on
his haunches. He flipped sideways and took off in high gear when he
realized I was not amused by nor proud of his intentions, no matter
how catlike and native those might be for him.

Anywho, time for bed. The little ratties have just been returned to
their big house for food, drink, and a nice clean bed. Dale said he
washed the sheets on our own bed so I guess WE get a nice clean bed,
too!! :D

Below: Rats when they were just two months old. They sure have grown
in their first year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home