20110316

POEM: Lisa's Bridge

LISA'S BRIDGE
2011031421 - c2011wlc

The flame still burning here in me
Never quite extinguishes
No matter how often I might flee
I'll always find the blemishes

In time the tumors will be gone
I'll only see her having fun
Taps for food upon her plate
Or the glowing rainbow gate

For now, the story goes again:
I've lost another part of me
Sparkling tears where eyes had been
And still I know her soul is free

Now I cry in my love's embrace
And know he sees her in my face
He knows me well, knows what to do
Reassures as if it's new

Things are changing every day
Even when they seem the same
Adopting, living, losing, grief
How often do I write this game?

So I look at an empty cage
Past the point of aimless rage
And listen to the drop of falls
A roaring thunder in these walls

To Lisa: I will always miss you, you hoarding little rat. I hope you meet up with your sisters, and perchance, Gracie and Mercy. You and Gracie might have liked each other a good bit. You certainly shared a lot of food interests. I hope you know that I tried to time this for you, and meant only the best for you. Doesn't mean I didn't want you around longer, though. Quite to the contrary…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home